Nebulas are special areas within the Oort Cloud. These areas have different colors so the player can easily identify them. Once an asteroid is in this area, the players gets bonuses.
Nebulas are not something that is around forever; they appear and disappear in random places in the Oort Cloud.
Types of nebulas
- Nebula of Crystals (blue) increases chances to discover Asteroid Shards. Its life span is 30-60 days.
- Nebula of Microchips (light-blue) increases chances to discover Ship Shards. Its life span is 30-60 days.
- Unusual Nebula (violet) increases chances to discover Artifacts, Runes, Officers and Tritium Bosses. Its life span is 2-20 days.
- Tritium Nebula (green) increases chances to discover Forerunner Obelisks, where the player may find credits or tritium. Its life span is 2-4 days; it disappears once it runs out of tritium.
- Special Nebula is one of those ones that can be found during holidays such as New Year, Christmas, Halloween, etc.